There is currently no known curative treatment, or treatment that is known to slow the progression of PSC
PSC Support is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by PSC. Our priorities are the search for a curative treatment, treatment which slows the progression of PSC and treatment that alleviates the symptoms and psychological effects of PSC and improves PSC patients’ quality of life.
PSC Support Research Project Grants
- The frequency and value of funds available for the Grant(s) will be determined each financial year, and are listed on our Apply for Funding page.
- Applicants may apply for grants up to the available amount.
- PSC Support reserves the right to offer funds to more than one applicant per round up to and including the amount of available Grant funds.
- PSC Support is a member of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC).
- PSC Support aims to provide a funding decision within two to three months of the final submission date of each funding round.
What we intend to fund
The establishment and development of:
- Aetiology and identification of subpopulations of PSC patients
- Outcomes including liver transplantation
- Clinical trials in PSC
Social research to investigate:
- Quality of life
- Transition to adult services
- Compliance and adherence
How we fund research
- PSC Support will fund high quality research related to PSC.
- We expect investigators to disseminate the results of their research to both the general public and the scientific community.
- PSC Support encourages multi-centre, collaborative research.
- PSC Support will encourage projects that link into other funding streams and national research priorities.
- Applications can include funding for pilot studies, funding equipment (but not IT equipment), and funding social and nursing research.
- Travel and internal audit grants will not normally be awarded except in exceptional circumstances.
- Funds will not be awarded retrospectively.