Are you a qualified Nurse who has specialised knowledge in autoimmune liver disease? Would you like to work remotely? Are you looking for flexible hours and part time work? If yes, then this new role might be for you!
- Fully remote position with flexible working options
- Reporting directly to the CEO
- Minimum of 4 hours per week
- £18-20 per hour on a contract basis
PSC Support is looking for an empathetic nurse to run our vital helpline service. You will manage inbound calls, emails, and support for our helpline, as well as providing much needed specialised advice to the PSC community. Given the nature of Primary Cholangitis Sclerosing (PSC), a rare disease with currently no effective treatments or cure, this role is optimal for someone who has background knowledge and is familiar with patient care in the field of autoimmune liver disease.
The role would be for a minimum of 4 hours per week at a rate of £18-20 per hour on a contract basis reporting to the CEO. Laptop and phone will be provided. Extra hours could be available to meet demand for the service and your availability. Our Helpline calls are booked in advance and would be a mixture of times to suit both you and our callers.
This is an excellent remote opportunity to join a charity that is striving to make a difference to improve clinical care and research. PSC Support is the only UK patient organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by primary sclerosing cholangitis. Our employment offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At PSC, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
What we are looking for:
- To lead PSC Support’s free helpline and email service, as well as contributing to other PSC Support projects as and when necessary.
- Provide high quality information and support in an empathic, non-judgmental and non-directive way and refrain from giving personalised medical advice.
- Monitor activity on the PSC Support UK Facebook group and respond as necessary.
- Follow up on calls, emails, and Facebook group enquiries when necessary.
- Signpost callers to other organisations or services where relevant and when queries are beyond your scope of knowledge.
- Complete all administration associated with the service, such as recording anonymous data.
- Assist the PSC Support team in creating and updating information about PSC, referencing sources accurately and promoting the helpline service.
- Attend at least one PSC Support Information Day per year.
- To the extent necessary, attend relevant training days throughout the year such as (but not limited to), Helplines Partnership training, Mental Health First Aid courses.
What you will bring:
- Registered nurse status (adults) with current NMC pin and no restrictions on your practice
- Maintain NMC registration and revalidation
- Adhere to NMC professional standards of practice
- 3 years experience in autoimmune liver disease and ideally with PSC patients
- Demonstrable commitment to professional development
- Uphold the professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses as set out by NMC
- Research knowledge desirable
What will you receive?
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Relevant training for the role including data protection training and access to Helplines Partnership training
- Access to PSC medical experts
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- To apply please email your CV and covering letter of no more than two pages explaining why you are suitable for the role to PSC Support CEO, Paula Hanford email@example.com
- If you would like an informal chat about the role please call Paula on 07514 235456.
- Deadline for applications is Thursday 29th February at 5pm.